Tuesday, 21 June 2011

"oh my giddy aunt"

Just a short one today. Lots of things over the past (nearly) 9 months have lead me to say "I'm such a mum now!" today was no exception.

I have changed a huge deal these past 18 months. Since finding out I was pregnant, giving birth & raising tabitha I have grown up and got direction and a sense of purpose in my life. I think this happens to most mums.

Today tabitha climbed the two steps from our bathroom into the bedroom. A MASSIVE deal for us! (although probably not for you hearing about it!) Nowhere in this house is safe anymore! She's supposed to be my litte girl. However my response was the most amusing. Previously I would have sworn a lot, blasphemed and shouted. Today, for some crazy reason I declared to myself "oh my giddy aunt!"

Immediately I laughed, as did Tabby B for some reason, small things like that make me realise. I am a mum. A proper bonefide mum!

I'm very proud of Tabby B though. She's crawling, cruising, pulling herself up and now apparantly can tackle a few steps without breaking a sweat! At 8 months I'm really very impressed! To be honest I'm a little worried that she's peaking to soon and it might all be downhill from here!

As if that wasn't enough excitement we have booked our holiday today, we're off to France camping in a few weeks time! Very exciting, very worrying that I have to drive on the wrong side of the road, but very exciting! I like challenging myself to do new things these days, as I'm fulfilling a mum and dad's role a lot of the time I can't back out of difficult situations. I don't mind though, I'm quite relishing the challenge to be honest!

We come home from France, have a sleep, and then are off to Tabby B's first festival, Latitude. July is going to be a very exciting month for us. I'm cramming it all in before the hard work of real life resumes in September!

Xx

3 comments:

  1. Love it! It's a sobering moment when you first swear in mum.
    Have a wonderful trip to France.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely. It is great to look back and see how far you have come. She will be running rings around you pretty soon.

    Have a great time in France. Driving on other side of the road is not difficult, just be cautious when you turn corners, as it is easy to forget to drive on the right then. Once you are on the road, it is a doddle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I passed my driving test in Germany and drove the wrong way around a mini roundabout upon my return to the UK - oops! Have a lovely time in France

    ReplyDelete