Wednesday, 29 June 2011

Over 20kg & two other pieces of news!

We've just got back from a weekend in Scotland. Going away with children (well, in my case one child) is really not as stress-free or easy as it looks. As you know by now I'm all for a stress-free lifestyle. I make our life as easy as possible and try not to get hung up on the small things. My attitude is difficult to extend to travel though.

Tabby B has been on 3 trips now on a plane, that's 6 flights and she's only 9 months old. Utter madness! She's not as spooky as she sounds, my Dad lives in Scotland so it's lots easier to fly for an hour to see him rather than drive up which takes a whole day.

Our suitcase was OVER 20kg! For 4 days! I don't know how that's even possible. Luckily my brother came and he had packed light so I was able to put some things into his bag. I didn't even take anything unnecessary, juat clothes and bottles etc!

Tabby B is always very good on planes, sleeps mostly. They say that you should feed your baby on take-off and landing to try and help their ears. I'd definitely recommend that advice. Has worked everytime for us. We had a great time in Scotland, missed all o te lowly weather that everyone else had in England though!

People did help with Tabby B while I was away but it is quite tiring doing it alone. Just because we get so out of routine. I think Tabby B likes knowing where she is and what's going on. I firmly believe that babies and children thrive on routine. The stability helps them feel safe.

Two exciting developmental pieces of news for you :) the first is that Tabby B can confidently get up stairs! I lost her the other day and low and behold she was half-way up the stairs! Need to put a stair gate up pretty sharpish! Also Tabby B has just woke up. She slept 6pm-6am. Amazing! Never in her life has she slept so good!!

Have lovely Wednesday's. Thanks for reading :) xx

No comments:

Post a Comment